Today I celebrate the big #49 birthday. I don’t like odd numbers, and I don’t like the fact that next year I turn 50 …but playing “14 HeARTS” with all of you will make my birthday more “happy” and “creative” this year!
This photo was taken with my paternal Grandfather Peter Maxwell. Grandpa was born in Scotland on February 6th, 1894 and I would arrive on his 70th birthday. He passed away shortly after my fourth birthday, but I still have some memories of him. One being a special poem he wrote my Mom the day I was born.
Victorian Treat Cones
These sweet treat cones would make charming gifties at a Valentine lunch or tea. Tuck little chocolates or other treasures inside and your guests have a lovely keepsake to display for years to come.
Crystal Prism (optional)
Matte Gel Medium
Collage Hearts from Paper Whimsy
Red Sparkle Heart (Michael’s Craft Store)
Postcard Image (Graphics Fairy)
(1) Trace a circle on to canvas. I used a Pyrex lid and a pencil. Cut out circle.
(2) Roll into a cone shape and add glue along edges so the cone stays in place. You may need clothespins or clamps to help keep the shape while the glue dries.
(3) Once glue is dry, add matte gel to the canvas and apply post card image to front smoothing out wrinkles. Allow to dry/set up on wax paper.
(4) When cone is dry, add dabs of E6000 around top edge and glue lace all the way around. Hold in place with clothespins while it sets up.
(5) Tie a bow and glue to the front of cone with E6000.
Glue a ribbon handle on cone with the ends on each side.
(6) Cut out Paper Whimsy hearts and double them running a stitch on the machine. Hot glue on to bamboo skewers on backside of heart.
(7) Tuck paper shred, lace, red sparkle heart, Paper Whimsy heart, and candies into cone.
(8) Add crystal prism to front of cone by bending wire or placing permanently with E6000 glue.
Each day 3 lucky winners could receive a free download image sheet from the lovely Gale Blair, owner of www.paperwhimsy.com
TODAY'S GIVEAWAY IMAGE IS:
Paper Whimsy Sheet 041
Please leave a comment with your name and email address to be eligible for this prize. Giveaway winners will be contacted by email to claim their prize!