This little Valentine pennant was made way back in 2013. I wanted to share a little Winter / Valentine spirit with you this even since January is almost over. We are waiting on a possible snowstorm on Monday, so far it has not been a bad winter here.
These whimsical pennants can be made in any color scheme for your Valentine, or string them from ribbon to make your own bunting.
Deckle Edge Scissors
Old Sheet Music
Vintage Eyelet Pieces
Sewing Machine (optional)
Computer word text
Gold Heart Doilies
Gold Tinsel Stems
Paper Whimsy Collage Faces
Paper Whimsy Roses Sheet
(1) Trace out pennant shape on to cardboard or heavy cardstock. The size of the pennant I used is 9 inches tall by 6 inches (at the widest point).
(2) Trace shape on to old sheet music and cut out.
(3) Attach pennant sheet music sheets to cardstock and stitch along the edges. Trim along edge of cardstock with deckle edge scissors.
(4) Add a strip of eyelet trim to the top of the pennant. I stitched mine on with the machine.
(5) Set eyelets on each side of the pennant. Glue buttons along the top of pennant.
(6) Add gold tinsel stems to the top and twist the edges closed.
(7) Add gold heart to center of pennant with your favorite adhesive.
(8) Add a bit of ephemera, rose, and Paper Whimsy image.
(9) Add red sparkle heart sticker, and buttons to front.
(10) Type out word art in Microsoft Word, print and cut out strip. Attach to the front of the heart.