Be Mine Greeting Card Journal
These little greeting card journals are a little project that anyone can make and would be something great to create with children. They can be as fancy or simple as you wish…and you can add pockets on the inside to tuck little notes in.
I had to make one using the Scottish Laddie (those that know me will know why) and of course the beautiful bird postcard. I tried to keep this project super simple, and the dimensions can always be modified to various sizes.
Double Sided Tape
Postcard Ephemera Graphics Fairy
Scottish Laddie Postcard Graphics Fairy
Swallows Nest Postcard Graphics Fairy
White Paper Doily
Old Ledger Paper
Scoring blade or bone folder
(1) Cut 2 pieces of cardstock 6 inches wide by 8 inches long.
If you want pockets on the inside cut another piece of cardstock these dimensions and set aside.
(2) Score long edge 3/4 inches (8 inch side) of cardstock on both pieces. This will be the inner part of your card to hold the paper.
(3) Cut 10 – 20 sheets of plain computer paper 5 x 7.5 inches.
(4) Align and punch/poke holes on cardstock binding and plain white paper. Add mini brads (3) to center of journal.
(5) Add pockets using double sided tape to inner card folder (optional).
(6) Decorate the front of card by adding sheet music or old ledger paper as background. Add white paper doily to center.
(7) Distress edges of postcard and Valentine image and attach to front of doily.
(8) Add paper flowers, XO’s and/or other embellishments.
Each day 3 lucky winners could receive a free download image sheet from the lovely Gale Blair, owner of www.paperwhimsy.com
TODAY'S GIVEAWAY IMAGE IS:
Paper Whimsy Sheet 133
Please leave a comment with your name and email address to be eligible for this prize. Giveaway winners will be contacted by email to claim their prize!
Our giveaways winners for Day #2 are:
Congratulations! Gale will contact you by email with your prize!