As seen on the Paper Whimsy Inspire Blog:
Holiday Cheer Gift Card Pockets
These cheerful pockets will brighten the spirits of those that receive them. Place gift cards inside for a more personal gift. There are many Paper Whimsy faces to select from in the shop to create this project. When the gift card is removed, they have a darling ornament for the tree.
(1) Print out Background script in Microsoft Word. I placed 4 of the PNG images side by side at 3 x 5 sizes. Print and cut out. Distress edges with ink (machine stitching optional). Match front and backs (text on both sides) and run double-sided tape along the edges and bottom. Do not add double-sided tape to top – this is where you will insert your gift card.
(2) Print out Old Book 07 and Digi Tags 091. Cut a little off tag and tuck into top of pocket. Add book to front of pocket.
(3) Add beautiful face to front of pocket. Wrap doily around. Add Yuletide sentiment to front.
(4) Tie bow around bottom of gift card pocket.
(5) Add gift card.
Sparkle Tube Ornaments
These little glass tubes are not just for mixed media art projects. Fill with mica, silver glass glitter, Paper Whimsy faces, and beads and you have instant sparkle. They are pretty on a tree or tied up with a bow.
(1) Removed corks and roll in adhesive. Sprinkle cork with silver glass glitter and allow time to dry.
(2) Fill bottles with mica chips, beads, small Paper Whimsy images. Add a dab of E6000 glue along edge of cork and place in bottle to seal shut.
(3) Wrap wire around the top of bottle and add charms to the side.
Winter Wonderland Greeting Cards
These little snow cards are sure to warm the hearts of even the most frosty person on your list. Quick little greetings that can be made at home for last minute gift giving, or frame as art to keep up for the holiday season.
(1) Insert Geometric backgrounds into a Microsoft Word Document. I made one background 5 x 7 and the coordinating backgrounds 4 x 6. Print out. Distress edges with ink. Adhere together (machine stitching optional).
(2) Print out Digi Sheet 091 – Tags and distress edges with ink. Print out Old Book 07 PNG in smaller format. Place tag and book at an angle on card back.
(3) Print beautiful face Digi sheet and distress edges of image with ink. Add to front of card.
(4) Glue Yuletide Sentiment on front of card.
(5) Fold doily and wrap around to back of card tacking in place with double-sided tape.
(6) Add pattern paper border strip at bottom of card and glue buttons to front.
(7) Punch out snowflakes and add to card placing crystal bling in the center.
(8) Glue card front to folded 5 x 7 card.