Love Prayer Flags
These sweet little flags are easy to make and fun to display…even in the winter months. The more you create – the more lovely the display. Hang them from the mantle, china cabinet, book cases, and in the summer months display them from a line in the garden.
To learn more about Prayer Flags please visit this blog:
Vintage lace remnants
Assorted calico scraps
Warm & Natural Batting
Pearl Seed Beads
Needle & Thread
(1) Cut and tear strips of canvas in the sizes 10 inches longs by 6.5 inches wide.
(2) Add a 1 inch hem at the top of each flag by sewing on the machine.
(3) Add layers of lace randomly to front of each flag. Layering is the process to give your flag dimension.
(4) Cut hearts out of scrap calico and/or warm and natural batting and sew to front of flag.
(5) Add bits of lace scrap, vintage buttons, and beads in each heart.
(6) Sew the words “LOVE” with embroidery floss on front of flag.
(7) Sew ruffle (eyelet) to bottom of each flag.
(8) String flags from twine, ribbon or wood dowels.
Each day 3 lucky winners could receive a free download image sheet from the lovely Gale Blair, owner of www.paperwhimsy.com
TODAY'S GIVEAWAY IMAGE IS:
Paper Whimsy Sheet 299
Please leave a comment with your name and email address to be eligible for this prize. Giveaway winners will be contacted by email to claim their prize!