Do you remember as a child (or adult) collecting candy conversation hearts and hoping for the magic words? The words that made you feel special and your heart would go pitter pat? These little ATC’s were created with candy hearts in mind, but an added bit of whimsy. They can be displayed on adorable wire hangers. Make several to give as cards this year or hang around your home sharing some love. Don’t forget to use the “magic words” because your sweetie will feel extra special!
(1) Cut cardstock into ATC size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches. Cover with pattern paper, old book text or sheet music.
(2) Add a layer of tulle and stitch along edges with machine. Trim off access. Add layers of lace to bottom of ATC and mini pom trim to top.
(3) Cut out heart from Pastel Suites Backgrounds. Add buttons and beads to center and glue in center of ATC. Clamp down with clothespins or grips while this drys.
(4) Add a “conversation word” to the bottom of ATC just above the lace.
(5) Add Stardust Stickles along the edges of the ATC and heart. Allow time to dry.
(6) Add little beads to top of ATC. Place hanger and clothespins at top.
As seen on the Paper Whimsy Inspire Blog:
This Cherub Greeting card would be a sweet accent to your Valentine party or tea. Set upright it ties into a triangle shape and makes a perfect display piece. The whimsical cherubs are reminiscent of long ago and will make your dearest smile with glee.
(1) Cut a piece of cardstock 10.5 inches long x 4 1/4 inches wide. Score cardstock piece every 3.5 inches.
(2) Print Pastel Suites Background II. Insert backgrounds into Microsoft Word and size to 3 x 4 inches. I placed several backgrounds on the document. Print.
(3) Cut backgrounds with paper cutter. Add bits of coordinating backgrounds and old book text that has been torn. Adhere each background to center section of folded/scored cardstock piece. Add Silver Stickles along edges of each section.
(4) Add stickles to wings of each cherub. Adhere hearts and dove to folded cardstock background. Add stickles to edges. Add word “Dearest” and add stickles along edge. Let dry.
(5) Punch holes at end (middle) of cardstock strip and run ribbon through ends.
(6) Add Cherubs adhering to 3D Dots and place on to cardstock strip.