Romantic Genteel Ladies Set
This romantic box has been altered using romantic ephemera and filled with cards and tags to match. It would make a lovely gift for someone you love!
Craft Paint (Cream Color)
Gesso or Primer
Old Music Sheets
Small Lace Doily
Seam Binding Ribbon
Matte Gel Medium
Paper Whimsy Genteel Ladies
Digital Collage Sheets Butterflies #22- French Text
(1) Prepare cigar box by sanding and roughing up finish. Wipe dust off of box.
(2) Apply two coats of gesso or primer to inside and outside of box. Allow time to dry between applications.
(3) Apply craft paint to inside and outside of box. Depending on the look you want (weathered and aged or clean and crisp) decide on the amount of coats. I want for the weathered and aged look and did not apply more than two coats of paint.
(4) Once box is dry, add music sheets to interior of box with Matte Gel Medium. Once sheets are dry, add more layers of ephemera (postcard and tag). Glue small buttons on the interior lid.
(5) Add collage label to cover (lid) of box with matte gel medium. Once dry, add lace, doily, seam binding ribbon and buttons gluing on to the box with E6000. Let set up.
(1) Cut pieces of old music sheets and attach to card fronts with your favorite paper adhesive.
(2) Add a layer of old book text on top of the background music sheets. Make sure it is a little bit smaller.
(3) Print out Genteel ladies images in Microsoft Word. I had four images on my document; this will depend on the size of card you use. Cut and trim images, ink edges and add to card front.
(4) Print out Butterflies #22- French Text and cut out. Use distress ink along the edges. Match two butterflies together and add brad to center. Place on front of card.
(5) Add seam binding bow and vintage buttons using E6000 glue.
(1) Cut out tags with paper trimmer and distress edges with ink.
(2) Punch out scalloped ovals from sheet music and add to top of tag. Punch hole in center and add ribbon.
(3) Add ephemera postcard, bits of cheesecloth, and Genteel ladies images to front of card with your favorite paper adhesive.
(4)Cut out butterflies and add to bottom of photo. Using E6000 glue roses to front.
(5) Glue buttons to front of tag.
Each day 3 lucky winners could receive a free download image sheet from the lovely Gale Blair, owner of www.paperwhimsy.com
TODAY’S GIVEAWAY IMAGE IS:
Paper Whimsy Sheet 248
Please leave a comment with your name and email address to be eligible for this prize. Giveaway winners will be contacted by email to claim their prize!
Our giveaways winners for Day #1 are:
Jann, Linda, and Louise! Congratulations! Gale will contact you by email with your prize!