As seen on the Paper Whimsy Inspire Blog…
Rustic Tag Mini Journal
Antique Hues Ribbon
Digi Sheet 287
Digi Sheet 237
Digi Sheet 280
Art Bits 06 PNG
Double Sided Tape
Perfect Paper Adhesive or Matte Gel
(1)Cover the moleskin journal cover using double-sided tape on each edge and a piece in the center. Cut pattern paper about 1 inch overlapping the edges. Place paper on top of journal and smooth out to make sure tape sticks. Crease overlapping edges and run tape on the back of the edge and stick to the interior (like wrapping a present) and fold corners in. Cut another piece of pattern paper for the inside to cover the tucked edges and place double-sided tape on back. Center and stick inside album cover. Do the same to back and interior of journal.
(2)Distress edges of Digi Sheet 280 ATC size and adhere to front cover using double-sided tape. Layer punched paper shapes on top.
(3) Using Perfect Paper Adhesive of Matte Gel Medium collage front of rustic tag using torn bits of pattern paper, beautiful face, butterfly and word art. Once dry, adhere to front of journal covering using E6000 glue.
(4) Tie seam binding ribbon on edge of journal.
(1) Collage the front of rustic tag using collage image (punched in circle shape) and backdrop (script punched out in flower shape). Add lace using little dabs of E6000 glue and cover lace with matte gel medium. Trim off access lace on edges of tag.
(2) Add a wee bauble to center of lace.
(3) Add key and buttons to chain and thread tag on to piece.
(1)Layer lace on top of dyed shipping tag with needle and thread. Little “tack” stitches to keep the lace in place.
Cut a small piece of seam binding ribbon and pleat and stitch to gather at bottom of tag. Add little beads and buttons as accents on ribbon and side of tag.
(2) Collage face on to rustic tag using matte gel medium. Add a bit of torn paper and layer word on top.
(3)Punch out Digi Sheet 280 with flower shapes (small and large) and stitch a small button in center. Glue on tag.
There are oodles of ways to create art using the rustic tags, beautiful faces, ribbons, and other lovely items available in the shoppe. I have tried to showcase 3 totally different projects to get your mojo moving and your imagination inspired. The projects would make great little gifts for the upcoming holidays. Or use the tags to make special keepsake ornaments to give loved ones this year.
I would love to see your rustic tag creations!