As seen on the Paper Whimsy Inspiration blog:
I am in love with these sweet Paper Mache houses. The creative possibilities are endless with each one. Create a vignette of little houses for the Holiday Season or make one to give as a gift which will become an heirloom cherished for years to come. They are not just for the holiday season, and can be decorated for all different purposes. What a great project to create with someone special (a little one, sister, aunt) this year! I promise if you create just one you will be smitten!
(1) Prime house using gesso or white craft paint. Attach buttons to roof of house using E6000 glue.
(2) Print Digi Sheet 283 and loosely cut out windows and doors. Using matte gel medium, apply images to thin cardboard. Allow plenty of time to dry and cut out along edges of each object.
(3) Print Digi Sheets backgrounds in Microsoft Word and cut to fit front and sides of house. I used one pattern for the front, and a coordinating sheet for the sides. Using matte gel medium apply sheets to house and allow time to dry.
(4) When house is dry, attach windows and doors using E6000 glue. Be careful to make sure placement is even on each side. Also do the eaves on the roof portion.
(5) Apply matte gel medium all over the roof of house and dust mica chips all over (a good heavy coat) tap off access into a box that has been lined with wax paper and you can recycle the mica easily again. Use this technique on the bottom portion of the house and sides if you wish.
(6) Cover a star with mica chips and glue a button to front. Glue again on chimney portion.
(7) Glue lace along eaves of house. Glue and tie large ribbon where the top and bottom adjoin.
(8) Add bits of bling on windows and door.
I love this new Beautiful face that is available in the shoppe. She has such a sweet innocence about her. This project details how to create tags using the doors/windows Digi Sheet incorporating a face into the project. You could also create cards using the images. Perfect for the Holiday season!
(1)Print and cut out images of face, butterflies, word art, and doors/windows.
(2)Print background images in Microsoft Word from Digi Sheet Festive Suite II. Cut into tag shape. Add pattern papers and layer doors/windows on to tag. Add face. Add word art at button.
(3)Center butterfly under face and glue mini clothespin on top.
(4)Set hole in top of each tag, tie ribbon through. Add little pieces of bling. Sprinkle mica chips on butterfly wings.
We have fixed the glitch in our button and would be honored if you would spread the word!
Grab the button below: