Today my project features a Halloween themed fold out. I made little pockets so ephemera, tags and even photos could be tucked inside. You can create these for birthdays, holidays, and or use personal photos and decorate the inside as a gift or memento.
Pattern Paper (Halloween Themed)
Double Sided Tape or Glue
(1) I cut a 2 pieces of 12 x 12 cardstock. The measurements are 5 inches tall by 12 inches long. Next, I used a scoring tool and made scores every 3 inches.
(2) I attached both pieces together AFTER I cut one panel off. Make sure it all folds into the correct direction and glue the middle area.
(3) Cover the fold out with various pattern papers. On two of the panels glue paper to create a pocket (gluing 3 sides and leaving top open).
(4) I covered 5 cardstock tags with pattern paper. Tags were then placed and glued on alternate panels. I tucked 2 tags into the pockets I made. Tie little bows and attached tags.
(5) All the pattern paper panels were cut just a tad smaller then 3 inches and alternated through the book.
(6) I used my favorite paper adhesives to secure and added collage images, poetry, ephemera, washi tapes.
(7) My cardstock pumpkins were made from a circle paper punch. I overlapped 3 circles to make the “shape”, added a trunk at the top, and a paper punched leave. Chalk the edges if you wish for extra dimension.