This little mailbox is sure to be part of your Valentine decor for years to come. Add little trinkets and tuck inside to warm any heart.
Medium Paper Mache Mailbox (Hobby Lobby)
Matte Gel Medium
Cream Craft Paint
Clear German Glass or Mica Chips
Ephemera (old sheet music or book text)
Paper Whimsy Image 170
(1) Paint paper mache mailbox with a coat of gesso inside and outside. Once dry add two coats of craft paint in your color.
(2) Remove mailbox flag and paint separately. Once dry, coat with matte gel medium and roll into German glass. Tap off access and allow time to dry.
(3) Measure areas that you will be applying the pattern paper to and cut out accordingly. Do a dry fit with the paper to make sure it will fit.
(4) Apply matte gel medium to inside of box and add pattern paper, book text or ephemera working out air bubbles to get a nice smooth finish. Set aside to dry.
(5) Apply matte gel to outside of box and apply pattern paper being sure to smooth and work out air bubbles. Allow drying time before adding remaining layers.
(6) Add ephemera, image and butterfly to box. Allow time to dry between layers.
(7) Glue lace trim along edges of box. Once this has dried, glue buttons on.
(8) Re-attach mail flag on side of box.
(9) Tuck little treasures inside.
Each day 3 lucky winners could receive a free download image sheet from the lovely Gale Blair, owner of www.paperwhimsy.com
TODAY’S GIVEAWAY IMAGE IS:
Paper Whimsy Sheet 170
Please leave a comment with your name and email address to be eligible for this prize. Giveaway winners will be contacted by email to claim their prize!