Summer Day Song
Wild birds fly over me.
I am not the blue curtain overhead,
I am the one who lives under the sky.
I swing to the tree-tops,
I pick strawberries,
I sing and play,
And happiness makes me like a great god
On the earth.
It makes me think of great things
A little girl like me
Could not know of.
I created this journal page using a poem by Hilda Conkling as my muse. The colors make me think of the summer days that await and enjoying nature. The wonderful thing about creating journal pages with the alterables is the dimension and whimsy it will add to your artwork. I hope you will try them in your next journal project.
(1) Paint chipboard album page in your color choice with craft paint. Add pattern paper, old wallpaper border flowers, and lace to album page using matte gel medium. I work in a layering process when I do this.
(2) Type and print poem in Microsoft Word using the font of your choice. I chalked the words using tan and blue that I smudged with a q-tip. Cut journal words in strips with paper trimmer.
(3) Paint alterables in a shade of craft paint you desire, and add beautiful faces to centers. Add glitter and round circles. Glue on to page using E6000.
(4) Add journal strips throughout the page using matte gel medium.
(5) I added little dot borders with craft paint along the border or each page.